Our mothers and grandmothers knew how simple this wonderful dessert topping was to make… many of us have never made it.
3 simple ingredients is all you need for a delicious whipped delight.
I added a few options to make flavored whipped cream. Why not live a little and spice it up a bit.
I haven’t tried all the flavors myself. The peppermint whipped cream on top of a mug of hot cocoa sounds delightful. Or perhaps the cinnamon whipped cream with apple pie or apple crisp.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Chill bowl (glass or metal) for 15-30 minutes. I put mine in the freezer
- Add cream, sugar and vanilla to the chilled bowl.
- Use the wire whisk attachment for a stand mixer or hand held mixer to beat the ingredients together starting on low speed and increasing to high as it begins to thicken/firm up.
- Beat until stiff peaks form, maybe 60-90 seconds. Stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Make the whipped cream as directed and fold in the following ingredients until combined
- Coffee/expresso: 1 teaspoon expresso powder
- Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salted Caramel: 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- Peppermint: 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or more if desired
- Lemon: 2 teaspoons of fine grated lemon zest
- Peanut Butter: 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- Berry: 2 tablespoons berry jam
- Maple: 1 tablespoons maple syrup plus a teaspoon of maple extract
- Chocolate: 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (add cocoa at the beginning with powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form)
You can also find this recipe and others from our newsletters right HERE.
If you ever have any questions, you are always welcome to contact me… please do. I want to inspire you as you have inspired me.
If you have a dairy, beef or pork recipe that you think other families would enjoy as much as yours does… email me.